Thursday, October 23, 2008

Goodbye, Aunt Betty

Our family got some very sad news this morning. My Aunt Betty, who had gone into triple bypass surgery, never woke up. We knew the risks. There was always this possibility, but like my dad -- I didn't think it would happen to her. Even though she had been ill, we still thought she would make it.

Sadly, I am not able to go to the funeral. So, as my parents and some of my brothers - along with other relatives - converge in Oklahoma City, my thoughts and spirit travels alongside them. I want very much to be there and be a part of the gathering that will join together with their voices, stories and hugs and celebrate my aunt and the imprint she made while she was with us.

Tonight, we (Mr. BitH, Mr. B and I) raised a glass of wine to add our voices from a distance: Here's to you, Aunt Betty!

Big love.

No comments: