Sunday, October 26, 2008

Historic preservation and Bela Lugosi

The funeral was Saturday, but since I was not able to make the trip I went ahead with the day as scheduled.

I met a friend at Dancing Goats (great review here) to grab their oh-so-perfect cappuccino and their Duck's divine donuts before heading over to:



I don't have time right now to give a proper review because I am packing for a business trip, but overall, I would say it is worth your time to check it out next year if you didn't already! Once I get some of the presentations, I will write a review and post the presentations on the blog. Got plenty of helpful information and some possible resources for various projects in the future.

That evening we headed to Fellini's for a slice of pizza before heading over to the Plaza Theatre to check out the Silver Scream Spook Show.

This is one of the main cast members, Professor Morte.



I did a trial run of my costume and it was fun to see other people's costumes. The people that won the contest
had a wonderful couple costume, a guy with a hearse attached around his waist and his girl was walking inside a coffin with eye holes. (I didn't even enter the contest, it is too hard to explain what I am, lol)

This show is campy good fun - plus, you get to watch a crazy B horror movie afterwards. I write that last sentence with hesitation as I know there are a lot of Ed Wood fans that would say a B label downplays Ed Wood's brilliance ;)

Our movie was, Bride of the Monster, Bela Lugosi's last speaking role. The audience had fun with it laughing at the editing, props, innuendos and dialog.



See you guys in a week or so!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Felini's pizza, yum. I like the spinach garlic mushroom.

Katie K said...

Dancing goats rocks(who ever told you about that place:)?
I love that you are so all about Halloween...I am just too old, tired, and not creative for it these days!