Friday, September 5, 2008

The elusive Turtle Pie

Mr. BITH and I walked to the local Corner Tavern for lunch today for the first time. Food was yummy! It has a great covered deck, and we can't wait to try it out on a Friday/Saturday night.

Best of all? I am happy to report a rare sighting of Turtle Pie. I am surprised this thing isn't on the endangered pie list. As kids, we used to beg to get one from Baskin Robbins for a birthday or Thanksgiving {{amendment to post per thrashing in comment section: this crazed demand for Turtle Pie all began because of my dear papa whose birthday falls right around the corner from Thanksgiving. If it weren't for his amazing palette, we would never have known about this luscious treat!}}



I have found them at a few spare Baskin Robbins . . . but to find a homemade one within walking distance?! Jackpot!

I hope it is divine.

We will {try to} wait until my brother comes to visit to do any sort of taste test though. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who is the father of all turtle pies, eh?? Not even a mention- hope its goooooooood.

Unknown said...

Corner Tavern has the best burgers! We aren't walking distance, but ride our bikes there, and to Oz. I'm always too full to try dessert there, though.

Eric Jacobson said...

Hello _,

Melissa just showed me your blog and I'm lovin it. Love your house too. Congratulations!

My first question is...What does BITH stand for? Meliss and I have been theorizing but I won't share our theories here.