Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy/crappy Monday


::Happy::


Delivering our notice
to our property manager in person.

It felt SO good :)





::Crappy::

Since Mr. BITH and I will be in Chicago for a wedding right before closing, I wanted to make sure all of our ducks were in a row before leaving town . . . the mover's phone rang and rang and rang when I tried to reach him. Then I checked his website.

Horribly sad news.

Our mover has been murdered (article here).

He seemed like a very cool guy when I spoke to him the few times that I did. Once I started calling around to get quotes again - it was obvious that the people in the moving industry thought well of him.

RIP Danny.

1 comment:

Amalie said...

That happened to me with my lawn guy years ago. He didn't show up for a few weeks, so my mom finally called (he was her yard guy, too-- I wasn't having my mom call people for me!) and got in touch with his wife. He had recently killed himself. It was terrible.