Friday, August 1, 2008

Two things that made me happy today

After spending more time on the phone than we ever wanted to and constantly pushing F5 while staring at our joint e-mail account, we received the cc e-mail from our Realtor to our lender containing 10 sales comps within 2 miles of the house from over the last 6 months with $ figures that completely justify the price.

Our lender told us that we probably wouldn't hear anything back about the appeal before Wednesday. More waiting . . .
sigh . . .

That was a little more than I could handle - so, I went to Wal-Mart. I am not a huge Wal-Mart shopper, but we did pick up a completely adorable outdoor set on crazy clearance for aforementioned house almost a month ago
(I know, cart before horse). Plus, we could stand a few groceries around here.

There is a rug that matches the conversation set (or is it conversating set? That one's just for you, Nancy) - and you know I must think it's pretty darn-tootin' cute if I want to get the matching rug (I am not so into matchy-matchy either). My criteria for getting this rug is that it must be on serious clearance . . . it wasn't and that fact added to my already darkening mood . . .


. . . until I spotted this beauty
{{angelic singing activated}}




Yep. That's right. Green Goddess dressing. You aren't seeing things! I remember one night at dinner (mid-eighties?) my brothers and I noticed that our favorite dressing was nowhere to be seen on the table. My mom told us that they just didn't make it anymore.

I think that blew our little minds; probably wasn't a happy dinner.

Apparently, there are others out there like us. Here's the history of Green Goddess and some other somewhat outraged Green Goddess banter, lol.

i
Not to be confused with Goddess dressing by Annie's Naturals (which I tried years ago thinking it might be something similar).
not. even. close. not. even. green.

I stopped looking after that.




Did I walk away happy clutching my Green Goddess to me tightly? Yes!
Finally. A smile today :)

Then I came home and had a BOGO free DQ Blizzard coupon in my in-box. Mmmm.
How's that for some sunshine in your life? Lord knows we need it right now.

Sign up for their Blizzard fan club and you can get one too!



You might have noticed that piece of art propped up behind the Green Goddess in the photo above. It was given to us by our sweet friend, Lorraine, in an attempt to cheer us up while eating pizza the other night. Check out her work. She's good. This is another piece we own:




We'll keep on trudging and update you when we can! Thanks for checking in :)

5 comments:

Confuszius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Confuszius said...

Maybe you should post a blog about how much you hate your current place. You could show a picture of A sweating in the cool air conditioning.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the kind review!

In addition to pressed pennies, I'm also a longtime lover of Green Goddess - I remember when we used to get it "from scratch" in so-called continental restaurants of the late 70's. But...I'd still take the bottle. Good luck with the bungalow!

Bungalow in the Hollow said...

Confuszius - Yes, let's devote an entire post to the copious amounts of sweating A has endured due to the very efficient AC unit at our place. Should make for a pretty post! I was actually planning on a tribute post. if. when. we actually get out of here!

Bungalow in the Hollow said...

marilyn -

Nice to know that there is another GG lover out there :) Thanks for your well wishes and stopping by. Keep simmerin'