Monday, August 4, 2008

If you can't say anything nice . . .


Whatever.


Our lender officially sucks. Booooo!

Never thought I would say that about this company, but it's true.


Wait. I guess I have one nice thing to say about them. They sure got back to us quickly about our appeal - they told us it would be Wednesday before we heard back from them.

And here it is only Monday.

Their idea of an appeal process? Send the appeal and the new comps our Realtor provided to the same appraiser who originally low balled the house.

What are the chances this same guy is going to say,
They are right. Damn. I totally messed up. I have no idea what is going on in ITP markets. Guess I should have spent more time scouting out the area, talking to ITP Realtors and finding more reasonable comps. Looks like you might have outsourced to a somewhat incompetent appraiser. Oops.
My bad.
Next step? Perhaps a new lender.

Stay tuned.


4 comments:

Nolan said...

Hey, finally saw your comment at 1928 Bungalow! I forgot I had started sending the comments to a new email address. It's been that kind of month ;) Wishing you the best on the house and keeping my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

appraisers suck- my loan was almost denied based soley on his random pictures.

Amalie said...

Ugh. Boooooooo is right.

Maybe you can request a new or independent appraiser?

Bungalow in the Hollow said...

Thanks for all of the support ladies! We are getting a new appraiser out there, so we will see what happens :)